a-the-shade replied to your post “[[MOR] im not that great with self care myself i just try to help…”
*pets you* It’s cool to help people, but you’re only human.
aaa thanks… u__u
1. If it feels wrong, don’t do it.
2. Say “exactly” what you mean.
3. Don’t be a people pleaser.
4. Trust your instincts.
5. Never speak badly about yourself.
6. Never give up on your dreams.
7. Don’t be afraid to say “no”.
8. Don’t be afraid to say “yes”.
9. Resist the need to always have control.
10. Stay away from drama and negativity – as much as possible.
Source: Lessons Learned in Life
These are great! I’d add:
11. Ask for what you need. Ask it from the people in #14, ask it when you really need to stand up for yourself.
12. Find things that bring you joy and do them, because sometimes it’s too scary to dream big at first.
13. Practice naming what you are grateful for. It can make a world of difference on a really sh*tty day.
14. Find the people who will speak truth to you and love on you no matter how horrible a day you’ve had.
15. Give yourself permission. “I give myself permission to eat this cookie.” “I give myself permission to be five minutes late.” “I give myself permission to spend an hour on Tumblr before I start my project.” Self-compassion is better for you in the long run than self-criticism that turns into shame self-talk (“I don’t need this cookie, I’m bad for eating it” / “why didn’t I get out the door on time, I’m so irresponsible” / “I waste so much time when I should be working, I’m lazy”).
16. Being brave and being scared aren’t mutually exclusive. Give yourself permission to be scared while you do the brave thing. Fear being there with you doesn’t mean it has hold you back from trying things that you want to try (or need to do). Take the time you need.
17. You don’t have to earn the right to exist. Remember that. You were worthy the moment you got up this morning, and whatever happens or gets done today, you are STILL worthy when you go to bed tonight (paraphrased from Brene Brown’s The Gifts of Imperfection).
18. Self-care is a practice. It is NOT a performance thing. Don’t beat yourself up if you find yourself not doing the best job of taking care of yourself (that’s not the point!) Be as gentle with yourself as you can on those days.
there is no “tumblr hivemind” tumblr does not “contradict itself” nor is tumblr “welcoming and accepting” tumblr is not a single person it’s a fuckton of people with different opinions. those two contradictory text posts by sj bloggers you saw today were made by *gasp* different people! it’s revolutionary, ain’t it?
So I went to see The Boxtrolls today having been very excited about all of the publicity, the general theme of the film, and all of the posters I saw of what appeared to be same gender families.
I left the cinema in tears because of it. It’s very transmisogynist. I do not advise anyone, especially trans women, to see this film. I’ll explain why below.
TW FOR THE CONTENT BELOW. It contains spoilers and descriptions of transmisogyny.
mmmm if i like… tried making things for stickers and shirts n stuff.. would anyone buy them? just wondering
You know what my favorite thing about the Pokemon TCG is? The attack names:
And my all-time favorite: